This privacy statement sets out the data processing practices carried out through the use of the internet and other electronic communications by ‘Away from the Western Front‘. ‘Away from the Western Front’ regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as important to our successful operations and to the maintenance of confidence of those with whom we deal. We will ensure that our staff and those acting on our behalf obtain, use and disclose personal information lawfully and correctly. To this end we fully endorse and adhere to the principles of data protection, as set out in the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website can transfer to an individual’s computer hard drive for record keeping. Cookies can make websites easier to use by storing information about your preferences on a particular website. The information remains on your computer after the internet session finishes but you can delete them using some browsers, manually or using system utilities. Most internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies.
Anonymous performance cookies
These cookies are set by third party analytics software, which collects information about the pages visitors go to most often, and if you encounter missing pages or broken links. This information is completely anonymous and it helps us improve how the website works.
Third party cookies
Our website uses third-party tools for ticket booking, media display and social networking. Examples of third-party cookie usage are:
- Add-This tool enables social sharing of our website content: cookies enable this tool to recognise if you are already logged into a social network or not.
- These third-parties may also be using cookies to collect anonymous performance analytics like us.
How to turn cookies off
If you would like to turn off cookies, you can usually do this using your web browser. Click the Help menu in your browser to find out how.
We collect additional information automatically each time you visit our website:
- Your top level domain name (for example www.google.co.uk)
- Your server address (for example 987.654.32.1)
- The date and time of the visit to the site
- The pages accessed
- The previous site accessed
- The type of browser used
- Your operating system (for example Apple Mac, Windows etc)
- Use of personal information
We process personal information collected via this website exclusively for the following purposes:
- Maintaining information as a reference tool or general resource
- Reporting statistics to funders and other stakeholders
- Carrying out market research campaigns
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.